Ok If you read my Story Blog: The Warlock Chronicles then you know that I haven't posted a single chapter since September (It's been 2 months. WOW!) You may or may not also be aware that I am going to get back to posting on there starting December onward. I figured that to satisfy the the curiosity about what's (or who) coming next, I thought I'd share a rough excerpt from the first Chapter: The Warlock Pt 1. so without any ado here it is:
"What are you? Some kind of magician?" A female voice called out to me.
I panicked. I hadn't even been at school an hour and already someone found out
about my secret. Stupid, I knew I shouldn't have used my powers to open the
locker, why couldn't I just get a crowbar or something. Faith's gonna be pissed,
we just settled in.
I turn tentatively. She was tall, not freakishly, just tall. She had long
flowing black hair, regular jeans and a green blouse. she was attractive I'll
admit, but she's seen what I do and that's gonna be a problem.
I start to speak, "Umm..err...mm..well...um"
As if she didn't hear my attempt to form words, she continues her sentence.
"That locker's been stuck for years. How the hell did you get it to open? You
must be friends with a locksmith or something"
Relief couldn't wash over me fast enough. She didn't see, which meant that I still had a chance to have a normal day. As for a normal life, that was still questionable
"I picked it up from a friend I guess."
She soaked up my lie as she's supposed to. She pondered something, "Wait,
you're that new kid right? I'm Jenn, and you are?"
"Aaron, Aaron Costley. Nice to meet you"
END
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
5 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment