I'm always plugged into some project or task that I can't just let myself be these days. The holidays are a time of being around the people you love, be it friends, family or both. They're also a time for reflection, especially new years.
Part of this post I think has a lot to do with me running out of media to consume for the break. Usually when I start running out I binge and download about 10 new things to listen to and a handful of shows to watch. Right now I'm almost out. I know where I want to go next to get another fix, but there are other things that need me right now. Like my writing. My novel still needs a couple thousand words. My radio show, needs new content. More urgently, I need to stop being plugged into a wall just charging for a quiet day and get out and use up my battery. On the other hand I do need to slow down a bit and be aware of my surroundings.
Today began unlike most others. I was woken up several times before I finally melted out of bed. I ate mundane breakfast and watched a few DVD's. I didn't burst out of bed dashing all over and buzzing about what I was going to do today. I just enjoyed a morning to myself. No interruptions. After this I had lunch, showered and got on with some of the audio editing I needed to do for my show. That was it. I did go to the station and listened to podcasts still unheard but other than that I surfed the web. It was an unambitious day, but it was good. I liked having a day where I went wherever my mood felt I should and there was nothing stressing me out. Just a nice and cloudy day.
I think I've gloated about my day enough, and meandered plenty. Go ahead and comment, not many do. I won't put in my contact info, most readers already know it. If you don't, check out the contact info page, or every other recent post. I'll have a better and more coherent entry later this week. Well, coherent for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment