"I do NOT have puppet cancer!" - Angel (From the TV show)

Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Chronicler's Return

Hello all, once again I'm not following my blogging schedule, and I haven't been reading things off my list. I know, I know, I'm a very bad Angel.

Now I've already scolded myself so I don't need to do it again publicly. Unless you're into that sort of thing. I'll try to ignore the sexual innuendo and say that I do have things to say regarding...well everything!

Going in chronological order, I'm going to start an October Novelette tomorrow, I intended to start it as soon as October started but I was busy with having nonstop lunch meetings at school for various things I'm involved in. What things you ask? Well I'm glad you asked!

I had a class meeting last Tuesday to talk about our Halloween Carnival and planning the school dance. It's rather sad that the decisions are now being made by a 3rd of the class, at the beginning of the year we made it quite clear that if you aren't going to help raise money for the class then don't bother coming to the meetings. Now there's less chaos coming from those that don't want to be there, unfortunately we had a mandatory class meeting during the first 30 minutes of our 3rd class. I didn't miss the chaos of the old meetings.

Wednesday I was at the Game Day at our school which was put on by the Youth Advisory Council (YAC for short) which I am a part of, we are essentially a drug and alcohol prevention program with a side of peer mentoring. Game Days are fun a lot of the time but It's rather lonely since the afternoons are so bright and sunny now and no one wants to be inside. It isn't actually a meeting but when you're told you HAVE to be there it can feel a lot like one. Thursday I did have an actual YAC meeting and we just did mentoring retrospective and came up with some ideas on how to improve on our mentoring. No big deal.

Friday (yes on a Friday) I had a meeting regarding Youth and Government. I love this program a lot and last year was a total blast to be a part of. We are still covering the basics which is understandable but by this time I was starting to get fed up, although next week we get to talk about sweatshirts (WOOT!)

I'm sure you can see why I would be aggravated to have a meeting during lunch? I know I could quit some of these but there are some decent perks.

1) I get to go on the senior trip provided that my academics are in good standing.

2) I get to get out of classes so I can mentor the lower grades

3) I get to go to Paso Robles and Sacramento.

I do miss hanging out with my friends and being an obstacle in the hall (yes singular) especially since the group's leader, Cap'n Sassy San Pedro Felipe is only at school on Fridays so I don't get to catch up with the Cap'n except in Biology which is after lunch but I must be ever so quiet in order to catch up.

*SIGH*

WE NOW RETURN YOU TO YOUR REGULARY(ISH) SCHEDULED BLOG POST

I believe I was talking about my Novelette? Ah right, well I have a character I'm preparing for NaNoWriMo named Zyon Cairn. Zyon has the power of Psychometry, meaning he can divine the history of an object or person associated with the object by touching said object. It's a neat little power that will have some hopefully neat consequences as well. How does this relate to the Novelette I'm writing? Well, I decided that I wanted to write something that tied in to my NaNoWriMo novel, So I'm writing a story about a set of characters told by Zyon, his Psychometry allows him to logically have most of the memories of the characters which he acquired from an undetermined object that will be relevant to the story. Zyon feels like the right narrator for this story, plus it allows me to really get to know him before November comes around. I'm hoping to have a lot of fun with the story, once I figure out what the plot is.

While I'm on the subject of writing, I have to have a scary story ready to turn in by Monday and I still don't know what to write, I may just throw together a fantasy story with subliminal gay undertones. That's always fun.

Last Friday I turned in my English assignment in which I had to write a Public Service Announcement, I decided to do one for NaNo. I want to get it back on Monday so I can record it and through it online! I'm proud of this little PSA, it doesn't seem like anything special but I had fun writing it!

I seem to be finding the perfect segues today because I have a friend who wrote a PSA regarding the several suicides of teen gay males. I won't go into a whole rant on this because I am slightly pressed for time but I did bring it up because on October 20th which happens to be my birthday, there is a number of people who will be wearing purple in memory of the teens who committed suicide, I know what I will be wishing for on my birthday. I just wanted to inform those of you who were not aware.

Segueing to lighter matters, I'm still going to the Shakira concert in Oakland on the 22nd. Really excited for this! On October 26th Geist by Philippa Ballantine comes out, Pip is a podcast author, therefore I am excited about the release of her book. I am also excited because I read the first chapter of her new book on the book's website, BooksOfTheOrder.com and I definitely want to buy the book. Not only am I going to buy a copy, but I hope to win another copy and if I can buy a third copy so that I have one for me, a loaner copy, and a copy to give to a friend.

In November I hope to do some more writing themed posts, and/or link to my daily novel progress, again really excited.

I'm not sure if this is in November or December, but I will be in Paso Robles for a weekend in one of those months for the Youth and Govt. meeting. I don't have to go but I would like to see everyone I met there again, If it's in November it will through off my daily word count, so that's not so exciting.

In December I will be finished with the Cybrosis novel on my radio show Furthest Edge, which you can become a fan of over on the facebook gadget to the right. I will either go on a winter hiatus or do guest interviews. What do you think? I'm going to make a poll for this blog and on facebook. Expect that widget up soon.

This is all I'm up to, I am still reading other things off my Kindle app but I hope to finish my book list by the end of the year or early next year. I feel bad for not being further ahead. By the way, I've recently been copying all the stories my friends have sent me and turning them into e-books so I can read them in bed with the lights off, the only time I actually can slow down enough to enjoy a good story.

You know, I didn't think this post would be as long as it turned out to be... I guess I have more stuff going on in my life than I claim.

I do have a number of other things I want to discuss, but there shall be other posts for that. For now, know that your Chronicler has returned and he will continue to be the scatter-minded rambly writer blogger you have come to...appreciate?

Ooh! I just remembered this, I'm considering turning my NaNoWriMo Novel into a podcast! I plan to bring it up on the forums but I wanted to immortalize it here first, but I want to bring in any willing participants, I need voice actors and I would like to not have to kidnap them in order to have them. I do would like to podcast other NaNo-er's novels afterwards but I will just have to see if people are interested. My novelette may become the first installment of the new Furthest Edge, coming 2011 and possibly other local writers will contribute and if things work out even some NaNo-er's works.


I think that's absolutely all I have to say.

As always, my contact info:

Email me: anglemeister.lpz@gmail.com
Email my shows: FEshow@kpdo.org or AbstractDiscourse@gmail.com
Follow me: @Anglemeister
Ask me questions: http://Formspring.me/Anglemeister

- Warm regards, your Chronicler

No comments: